You will need to complete and submit an electronic Medical History before attending the appointment. You can access this form by clicking on the following link – MEDICAL HISTORY FORM.
Due to COVID – 19 restrictions, your attendance at the practice will feel very different to previous visits. The practice may look different and the procedures to be followed will be different too. We may, at times, look a bit different as we may have to wear different kit for different procedures.
Do not be alarmed, whereas we used to greet you with a warm smile, you may now find us greeting you with a mask on at times. Rest assured, we shall be smiling underneath!
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WHEN YOU ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Your car is now your waiting room! Upon arrival, please remain in your car and text us on 07394 669771 with your name and let us know you are here. We shall text back with further instructions.
- Please attend your appointment alone wherever possible. Of course, child patients may need accompanying.
- To reduce exposure, parents accompanying child patients shall not be allowed into the treatment area and shall be asked to wait in the waiting room/car/outside if the weather allows.
- Social distancing means that our waiting room needs to be kept largely empty – so please do not bring friends/siblings/partners with you – attend alone. If someone is with you, please ask them to stay in the car.
- Please use the toilet before attending the practice and brush your teeth before coming – toilet facilities shall not be available.
- Please bring your own pen in case one is needed for signing documents.
- Please wait outside. You shall be asked to enter the practice when we are ready for you. We shall be in contact either via phone/text or if we come and get you.
- Please do not bring belongings into the practice with you – please leave coats/bags etc. in the car/at home where possible.
- If you have come by foot, then these items shall be placed in a bin bag in a designated area for you to collect on your way out
- If you are in a ‘vulnerable patient’ category you should wear a simple face covering when you attend. We shall be happy to provide – just ask!
- Please attend on time. Due to our COVID 19 protocols – if you are late, we shall not be able to see you. Unfortunately, we shall not be able to be flexible as lateness shall impact on our procedures. We are not being awkward!
IN THE PRACTICE
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the building at the PPE station inside the front door
- Your medical history shall be checked by a team member
- You shall be asked the standard COVID-19 screening questions once more – we realise these questions are repetitive but please be patient, they are necessary – WE ARE NOT RECORDING TEMPERATURES
- You shall then be escorted directly into the surgery for treatment and may be asked the COVID – 19 screening questions again.
- Please adhere to social distancing measures at all times at reception and in the practice.
- At the end of treatment, you shall be asked to leave the treatment area and head out to the reception and perform hand sanitisation using alcohol gel placed outside the door.
- Your follow up appointment shall be made either before you leave (or by phone). WE ARE VERY LIMITED IN THE NUMBER OF PATIENTS WE CAN SEE A DAY. WITH CHANGES TO OUR APPOINTMENT BOOK WE CANNOT OFFER YOU THE RANGE OF APPOINTMENT TIMES AS BEFORE. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS A CASE OF YOU WORKING AROUND WHAT WE CAN OFFER FOR NOW. HOPEFULLY THIS SHALL IMPROVE WITH TIME AS WE HEAD BACK TO NORMAL.
- Please collect any belongings from the designated area and exit the practice.
- If you require a chaperone, please inform us in advance so we can advise.
- If you are a fee – paying patient, we shall send you on – line payment details for payment pre-appointment.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding regarding these temporary, additional protective measures. Giving you a wonderful smile whilst keeping you safe is our top priority! We look forward to seeing you.
The Redcliffe Orthodontics Team